February 17, 2013

Love & Beauty Forever 21 5-piece Makeup Brush Set Review


Never did I expect that I would be getting makeup brushes from Forever 21 until the day they went on SALE. 

During SM Lanang Premier's Mallwide Sale last February 1-3, 2013, I was able to pay my visit to the latter and go window shopping on the first day. Well eventually, it was not just a day for window shopping, but I ended up enjoying a spree and retail therapy.

One of the buys that I was able to pick up was this brush set from Forever 21 under their makeup line, Love & Beauty. This was originally priced at P330.00 ($8-9), then it was slashed 50% off the price, and I actually paid for P168.00 ($4-5) which was a great deal for makeup brushes.


These brushes, unfortunately, weren't named for their use according the merchandiser's preference, hence, allow me to name them according to the purpose they give to me.

I have already road tested these brushes, and a pretty much have something to share regarding how these help me in my makeup application.

(L-R)

Blush Contour & Powder Brush
I love the softness of this brush and its ability to apply blush and contour well. It can also be used as a powder brush fot those people who have a smaller face, because I prefer the bigger sized powder brushes for my face. This is not at all designed for liquid foundation for its minimal density.

Pencil Brush
The synthetic and stiff feel of this brush makes it great to work with lining the lashline on the under eye. It gives precise application of the product.

Concealer Brush
Amongst all these brushes, this is probably the one I like the least just because of its shape and the fact that I cannot really assure the purpose of this brush. I concluded it as a concealer brush as its hair is made to feel really synthetic to work great with concealer. However as a tried to apply it with concealer, it does leave streak marks on the face which can look not natural on the face. I have yet to experiment with this brush and venture on its real function.

Blending Brush
This brush is mainly the reason I bought this set. I have not found any fluffy blending brush here in our area (Davao City) that I could use for blending eyeshadows. It works really wel and is soft on the eyes, however, it does take time to really blend the eyeshadow really well. Patience is the key to this brush, but overall it does its job in blending eye looks.

Angled Flat Top Eyeshadow Brush
This brush is my second favorite in this set mainly because I don't own such brush yet in my collection. This brush works well in patting powder on the crease area especially on the outer v for precise application of crease color. This also works well with contouring the sides of the nose, and this brush blends the product well.

PROs:
Soft and Fluffy
Not scratchy at all
Functions well
CONs:
Not too dense
Quite flimsy
Stray strands evident (As seen on the photo above)
Takes time to blend the product


Overall, I'd give this brush set a 4/5 rating.
I definitely love this brush set and I am really able to use each of the brush well except for the concealer brush. These brushes really function and serve their purpose for the well defined makeup look.

I gave 1 off the rating since these brushes are not that high quality. For makeup gurus who already own high quality brushes such as that of Sigma, this brush set would definitely not be something they would appreciate. But as a newbie to makeup, I am able to work with these products well and I personally don't have any problems with it.

Thanks for dropping by!

Check out my YouTube Channel!
MakeupByKarlaMisa

Xoxo, Karla <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...